'Such mistake won't happen again', says Turkey's minister on blacklisting of German firms
31.07.2017 18:30 BİRGÜN DAİLY

At a meeting in his party’s provincial office in Denizli on Saturday (July 29), Turkey’s Minister of Economy Nihat Zeybekci gave statements about the latest row with Germany regarding the request by Turkey for 681 German firms to be investigated in connection to failed coup of 2016.

The list, which included business giants, such as Daimler and Siemens, had been initially submitted to Interpol by Turkey with the request of investigation into these firms as Turkey ‘had suspected they might be financing groups linked to terror’.

Germany’s Die Zeit reported that there was also a separate request of Turkey from Germany for 68 German firms operating in Turkey to be investigated.

The request was declined by German federal police on July 21st as the charges claimed by Turkey were not found to be ‘credible enough to launch an investigation on’ and authorities in Turkey later withdrew the request, reports said.

On Saturday (July 29), Minister Zeybekci repeated the earlier statements delivered by other AKP officials in an effort to assure Germany and asserted that ‘things that German firms won’t face in Germany will also never be faced by them in Turkey’.

Submission of such lists to Interpol and Germany was ‘due to an unfortunate mistake on the part of the responsible officials in Turkey’, Zeybekci said and vowed that “such mistake will never ever be made again”.

Zeybekci also asserted that Turkey will not end its efforts regarding the EU membership bid and continue working towards achieving the aimed goals ‘not just for the sake of EU membership but actually for the sake of the people of Turkey’.

Source: http://www.birgun.net/haber-detay/zeybekci-bir-daha-asla-boyle-bir-hata-olmayacak-172202.html